Friday, January 24, 2014

Breaking Through The Waves (Hawaiian Crush #2) By E.L. Todd

Breaking Through The Waves (Hawaiian Crush #2) By E.L. Todd

Rating 4/5

Review:
I received a copy from the author for my honest review.

I really enjoyed how this story progressed from the first book. While the first one really was how they fell in love the second really focused on how they grew as a couple. They face challenges much more serious than in the first book that can either make or break a relationship. I mean don't get me wrong there will be enough steamy scenes to get you through ;)

Coen and Sydney are settling well into their new "public" relationship status. They are still trying to be respectful of Henry's feelings but seem to be happy with how their relationship is progressing. Event though everything is great right now Sydney can't help but think how her family and her past are going to affect Coen and not in a good way. We learn a lot more about what happened in Sydney's past and about her insecurities because of it.

I don't want to give away the story but I just loved how united they are as a couple, it seemed like no matter what happened he would be by her side and protect her. I also really liked how strong and independent Sydney is because even though Coen was willing to be her rock she wasn't afraid to be that for herself. For me this story was just as much about a girl finding her way to break from her past as it was a love story.

It was a quick steamy read with a good story line, much like the first book there is just one thing that kept me from giving it a 5/5. I just wanted a little bit more. When I read books I really like to get inside a characters head and feel like I'm living their story, because this author gives you the perspective from both Sydney and Coen it felt like the author was just telling me the story at some points instead of really letting me become part of it.

That being said I really enjoyed Sydney and Coen's story and look forward to more from this author!!

No comments:

Post a Comment