Sunday, January 19, 2014

Connected by the Sea (Hawaiian Crush Series) by E.L. Todd

Connected by the Sea (Hawaiian Crush Series) by E.L. Todd

Rating: 4/5

Review:
I received a copy from the author for my honest review.

Well I should have known from the start that I was going to enjoy this one just because of the obvious animal lover quality of Sydney! I loved her personality as she seemed different from a lot of the girls in the books I have been reading lately. She seemed real to me; I felt like she acted like any normal person would act when getting to know someone they are attracted to. Because lets face it most of us could not just walk up to a guy with full confidence and grace and neither could she. I also enjoyed that she is self sufficient with how she lives and how she copes with her past and well me being the slight feminist that I am I can't help but love that about this character.

Her life seemed pretty ordinary before she gets involved with Coen, she hangs out with her friends, Henry and Nancy, she goes to work at the aquarium, is an honor student and also meets with a personal trainer a few times a week. And while it is clear to us that her best friend is in love with her she is completely oblivious until Coen so graciously points it out to her.

When Coen comes in the picture he finds himself being the star of several fantasies for Sydney but she can't help but deny her attraction to him because from his reputation it is clear his is going to break her far worse than her ex did.

When they finally do start to get to know each other Sydney learns that he is nothing like she thought and develops a connection far beyond physical attraction. I mean don't get me wrong the chemistry between them was very hot and made for some pretty good reading they also just seemed to really understand each other in a way I think we would all be jealous of.

Everything would be great if only she never figured out Henry's true feelings for her because as much as she feels this pull toward Coen she can't fathom hurting Henry. For her Henry is much more than her best friend, she really feels like he is as much family as she is ever going to have and losing him is simply not an option.

I just felt like this story brought me back to situations in the past. I think almost everyone has had a point where they had to decide on if what they want is really worth risking something that they love. The only thing on my wish list is that I wish it was longer; I felt like on a couple occasions I wanted a little bit more. I can't wait for the next book to come out to see what happens next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment