Saturday, September 14, 2013

In This Moment by Autumn Doughton

In This Moment by Autumn Doughton

E-Book Cost $0.99

Rating 3.5/5

Review

This is the first book by this author I have read, while I did enjoy the book and caught myself smiling on several occasions I didn't love the book.

The story starts as Aimee is starting college at the same university as her sister. We know pretty quickly that something terrible happened to her and her best friend a year prior to when the story started and that she is having a really hard time coping.

Aimee works hard to put on a fake front so people leave her alone and in hopes that she will appear to be "normal". Aimee does a really good job of pretending until a certain bad boy player comes in the picture, Cole.

Cole and Aimee are adorable together but a few things for me didn't quite add up; and I know they will seem stupid but it confused me.

For example one of the cute things they do is change the names of movies and come up with an alternate title and story. The other cute thing they do is Cole is trying to educate her on movies since she never watches them and has no knowledge of any movies. This seemed weird to me; how can she name so many movies and then not ever hear of any of the movies he brings. Again wasn't a big deal but at some point I remember being like that doesn't really makes sense.

And while I did like both the characters and of course wanted them to be together I didn't find myself completely engrossed into the story.

Cute quick read but not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment