Thursday, June 27, 2013

Three Years Later by Casey McMillin

Three Years Later (In Too Deep) by Casey McMillin

Rating: 4/5

Review: 
This book drew me in right away; I started this book thinking I would just read a chapter or two and go to bed ; a little over two hours later I begrudgingly conceded as I had to get up in the morning.  This book was short but cute; a nice easy fun read that left you in a good mood.

I also fell in love with the characters right away, I loved how Rachel and Collin had that immediate connection. I mean who doesn't daydream about love at first sight?

I loved the premise of the whole story; meeting someone and only spending one afternoon with them and knowing that they are the one you are meant to be with. I loved how neither of them really got over the brief encounter the had three years prior so when they finally see each other again they both knew their lives would forever be changed.

The only thing I didn't really like was the abrupt end, i felt jipped to the point where I thought something was wrong with my kindle and it wouldn't let me turn the page. The story literally ended in the middle of a party where someone was about to give a speech; weirdest cliff hanger ever!!

Reading other reviews some people really didn't like the story as they thought it felt rushed, unrealistic and without true barriers. I almost would say that is what I loved about it; sometimes you just want a happy quick read to put you in a better mood and that book did just that (well until the end).

I am really looking forward to the next book (on the books goodreads page it looks like the next book titled Seeing Clearly (In Too Deep #2)  is set to be released July 1st, 2013). I just hope the next book is a little more complete. Side note the book cover for the next book is not that impressive :(

Whoa.. Upon deeper research on the second book it appears that it is not a continuation of the second but a new story that follow Rachel's friend Gretchen. Not pleased...not that I don't love a series that has love stories of all the people involved but for the first one to end so abruptly it was expected that the book to follow would be about the same couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment