Thursday, June 27, 2013

Beautiful Broken Rules by Kimberly Lauren

Beautiful Broken Rules by Kimberly Lauren

Rating 4/5

Review
When roaming through the kindle store I stumbled upon this book as the story line seemed a little different. Emerson ("Em"/"Emmy") was a party girl and school slut who had three important rules to protect her from hurting other people and herself. Her rules were as follows;

1. Never sleep with someone that a friend has feeling for

2. Never sleep with someone who is in a known relationship

3. Never sleep with someone more than three times

Her lifestyle and rules were all working really well for her until her friend Cole's hometown friend, Jaxon, transfers to her college and moves in next door. When Emmy first lays eyes on the new guy she fully intends to follow her rules and can't wait to get started. As they get to know each other she finds herself opening up more than she intends too and coming in danger of breaking her own rules.

I really enjoyed reading this book, it was written really well and the characters were so likable. I know your thinking really, the school slut is likable? But believe me right from the start you will love her and her friends. I was rooting for her to break through her past and allow herself to love again. Throughout the book I would catch myself smiling when she was and being very upset right along with her. There is this point in the book where she is so upset you can literally feel her heart breaking like you were experiencing it yourself.

At the end of the book it hinted that there may be another in the series! I hope this new author writes a lot more as I really enjoyed her writing style and would read anything she puts out.


No comments:

Post a Comment